THE GIRLS' MERRY BOOK

Front cover
Spine
Back cover
These are some images from The Girl's Merry Book, a girls' annual published circa 1935.

LINE DRAWINGS - here are some of the best

 
Published as a large format hardback book by The Capella Press of Southampton, UK, this has some of the stiffest, thickest pages I've ever come across - each page is more like cardboard! Very unfortunate that the paper is very acidic as the pages have yellowed badly and are brittle.

4 COLOUR PLATES




So charming!

Comments

  1. Oh, thanks for sharing so wonderful images!!

    I wish you a very happy Christmas and a new year full of great blessings for you. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just put your button in my blog :-)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to thank you so much for these fabulous old pics. I make a lot of notebooks and I will be using these for the covers. Of course I will be sending readers straight to you. Hugs Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just swooning with delight over these ...fond memories of reading ancient 'Girl' Annuals and other mildewed books with my great grandmother..I have started to read a lot of e books lately, but still. there's nothing like the thrill of fossicking about in an old bookshop and unearthing a few treasures like these..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to receive comments! Thanks so much.